Talk given by Edward Curry
Invited Talk: “Data 4 AI: For European Economic Competitiveness and Societal Progress. A Tale of Three Papers….”, Large-scale IoT Pilots: European Industry Partnership Collaboration Event Summit, Amsterdam, April 2019.
About the Event
The event was organised by the IoT Large-Scale Pilots Programme in collaboration with different European partnerships and DG connect.
The aim of this workshop was to:
• Present the state-of-play and developments of European research and the innovation landscape related to IoT/IIoT.
• Present the IoT Large-Scale Pilots Programme projects’ outcomes, the value proposition, the gaps identified and to highlight the next steps for sustainability and the scaling up of results.
• Discuss and provide recommendations for the future strategic directions for EU Research and Innovation from across the different European partnerships.
• Explore the role of European partnerships with industry in the future and analyse the concept for future European partnerships under the “Horizon Europe” EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (2021-2027).
• Focus on European industry-driven priorities for converging technologies such as IoT/IIoT, 5G, AI, DLTs, edge computing in manufacturing, processing, construction, ICT and automotive.